Resources by Mail
Books and articles in the RRU collection
We mail material from our physical collection to current RRU learners, faculty and staff residing within Canada.
- This service is free for current members of the RRU community with library cards
- Alumni residing within Canada can use this service for a fee of $10.00 per request with a limit of 5 books per request.
- This service is not available to community borrowers.
- This service is not available to associate faculty.
Books and articles not in the RRU Collection
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) enables RRU learners, faculty and staff to obtain material not owned by the RRU library. ILLs are usually free of charge for students and faculty with active university accounts. Charges may apply for items that are especially rare or that are only available internationally, but we will always confirm charges before processing such requests
- Before placing an ILL request please search the RRU collection to ensure the material is not available through us. If you need assistance in searching the catalogue or databases, please contact a reference librarian at email@example.com or call 250.391.2575.
- ILL is not available for required course readings or audio visual material.
- ILL is not available to community borrowers, alumni, associate faculty, or visiting researchers. Community members can contact their public library for Interlibrary Loans, while visiting researchers should contact their home institution.
- We fill ILL requests within about 7 - 10 days. Article requests are quicker and we can usually send them electronically.
- Books loans from other libraries usually last three weeks and renewals are unlikely. Allowing for shipping time, please be aware that your time with a book requested through Interlibrary Loan may be quite short.
There are two options for placing an interlibrary loan request
Telephone: (250) 391.2600 ext. 4224
Fax: (250) 391.2594
Royal Roads University Library
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2